This year’s EPMA Additive Manufacturing Seminar takes place online May 11–12, and will be co-hosted by the European Powder Metallurgy Association’s European Additive Manufacturing Group (EPMA’s EuroAM) and Fraunhofer IGCV.
The main topics addressed at the event will discuss smart parts and components with integrated sensors and digital innovations connected with Industry 4.0.
The event’s programme includes:
- Embedded Sensors – In-Situ Sensor Integration with LPBF by Andreas Machnik, Vectoflow
- Integration of data matrix codes and Functional Materials for AM by Christian Weck, Fraunhofer IFAM
- Automated sensor integration during laser beam melting by Maximilian Binder, Fraunhofer IGCV
- AM & HIP projects by Anke Kaletsch, RWTH Aachen
- Functional optimisation of additively manufactured components through integration of particle dampers by Andreas Hofmann, Bayreuth University
- Advanced thermal management using high heat conducting zones in AM parts by Bram Neirinck, Aerosint
- The Power of Sound: How Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing is Revolutionizing Embedded Technology by Dan King, Fabrisonic
- ZTI-MED® : A Potential Replacement For Titanium In Medical Using Additive Manufacturing by Amine Hattal, Z3DLAB
- Towards a continuous process simulation chain of laser powder bed fusion – From powder flow to mechanical by Claas Bierwisch, Fraunhofer IWM
- First time right manufacturing in laser-based powder bed fusion of metals using process simulation by Dominik Götz, Technical University Munich
- Simulation of Powder bed processes by Prof. Ploshikhin/Marvin Siewert, ISEMP
- Digital Alloy Development by Rebecca Gingell, Alloyed
- The way to sustainability in metal-based Additive Manufacturing by Alexander Mahr, Fraunhofer IPA
- Co-free stainless steel as alternative to maraging steels by Peter Vikner, Aubert & Duval
- Powder Bed Fusion Modular factory for safe on-site production by Jean-Daniel Penot, CESI
The registration deadline is May 4.
Registration details and further information is available via the seminar’s website.