Sigma Labs, a leading developer of quality assurance software to the commercial 3D metal printing industry, has released Version 7.0 of its industry-leading system for in-process quality assurance for industrial 3D manufacturers. The new release was developed after extensive input from existing customers, 3D metal printing manufacturers, universities and standards organizations. Next generation PrintRite3D 7.0 contains upgrades to existing features, as well as significant new functionality that meets industry demands driving enhanced quality and better economics for end-users.
PrintRite3D® Version 7.0 Key Features:
– Temperature Monitoring and Calibration, including a cooling rate metric and units/traceability for TEP to Celsius/Kelvin conversion.
– Neural Net Machine Learning Recoater Interaction Detection, that allows users to automatically spot recoater interaction detection with higher diagnostic accuracy.
– User Facing Machine Learning Predictive Models, allowing testing and training of new users on in-process quality monitoring to correlate in process anomalies to post process NDT defects.
– Multi-Laser Quality Metrics, to monitor and alert users when lasers are coming into close contact and interacting.
– Production Framework, for visualizing of reference data and enabling statistical analysis of anomalies to detect build process trends and deviations.
– 3D Visualization Diagnostics, provides usability enhancements and rapid cross-section analysis and easy comparison to CT.
– User Roles and Login, data visualization authentication access for enhanced security.
Mark Ruport, President and CEO of Sigma Labs, stated, “We believe the release of PrintRite3D version 7.0 marks a significant milestone in the evolution of in-process quality assurance. Our commitment to radical collaboration and setting a high-quality standard in 3D metal printing will benefit not only Sigma Labs customers but we expect that it will also help accelerate the growth and prosperity of the entire additive manufacturing industry.”
Feedback from Key Opinion Leaders in Additive Manufacturing:
“Sigma Labs combines the control and flexibility of our MCP platform with the most advanced quality assurance system. This will help standardize the AM process and quality control by providing MCP owners full access to the new capabilities of Printrite3D,” said Bart Van der Schueren, Executive VP & CTO, Materialise NV.
“PrintRite3D 7.0 allows organizations to improve process qualification and certification. The ability to monitor the actual temperature will lead to enhanced industry adoption of AM technologies,” said Peter Lindecke, Head of Quality Assurance & Qualification Team, Fraunhofer-Einrichtung für Additive Produktionstechnologien IAPT.
“The newest version of PrintRite3D provides unique benefits to the industry. The temperature monitoring, machine learning and predictive modelling capabilities will lead to further confidence in the industrial adoption of AM technologies,” said Dr. Ben Dutton, Principal Research Engineer – NDT, The MTC Limited – Manufacturing Technology Centre.
“PrintRite3D 7.0 is a very important release as it provides a competitive advantage for our customers. They can access calibrated melt pool temperature and monitor the cooling rate which means higher quality mission critical parts,” said Dr.-Eng. Guido Adam, Head of Design, DMG MORI Additive GmbH.
“PrintRite3D 7.0 has established a new level in technology to ensure the highest quality standard in the 3D metal printing industry and this is paramount to our customers. Most important, Sigma accomplishes this at production scale in an era of increasing part complexity.” said Jurgen Westerhoff, Product Manager, Additive Industries b.v.
For more information: www.sigmalabsinc.com